Persian Rose “Love Spell” Cookies
- 6 tablespoons Persian Rose loose leaf tea, finely ground. (Be sure to crush the cardamom pods, take out the seeds and discard shells)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup rosewater
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- tiny drop of organic natural red food coloring
- rose petals
-Beat together ground tea, sugar, and butter until fluffy and lighter in color.
-Mix in vanilla and salt.
-Fold in the flour gradually and continue to mix until uniform dough is formed.
-Roll dough into a log using wax paper (or plastic 1 1/2"; diameter).
-After chilling, slice into 3/8" thick cookies on bake sheet.
-Bake at 350 for 8 minutes in a convection oven or a little longer in a regular oven. (Until the edges are golden.)
-Mix the icing. It is a simple glaze, just be sure not to make it too thick.
-Ice cooled cookies with brush.
-Top with rose petals while glaze is still wet!
Kaapstad Iced Tea
Steep the loose tea in the boiled water for 10 minutes . Stain the leaves. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating in an airtight container (preferably glass) for up to 2 weeks.
We like to sweeten ours with a glass of orange or mango juice / or agave.
Pour over a tall glass with ice and garnish with a slice of orange.
‘A Day In Provence’ Iced Tea Cocktail
Fill wine glass with 1/2 A Day in Provence chilled tea
+ 1/2 chilled white wine (like Pinot Grigio).
The Duchess' Tea Chocolates
- 2 lbs of good dark chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons of Duchess' First Love loose leaf tea, ground
- Chopped Nuts (Walnuts, Almonds, Pecans or Hazelnuts)
- Additional whole or half nuts for decorating
- Dried coconut flakes (optional)
In a double boiler melt the chocolate. Stir in the dry tea and mix well. Add the nuts.
Use a tablespoon to make small chocolate drops onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Decorate the top of the chocolate with whole nuts while still warm.
Refrigerate for an hour to set. Store in a plastic container or wide mouth glass jar at room temperature.
Raj Chai Lentil Salad
- 2 cups french lentils
- 3 cups Raj loose leaf tea (brewed strong)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh spearmint
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup beet greens (optional)
Cook lentils in tea till done (about 30 minutes)
Sautee garlic & onion in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Toss in beet greens and the fresh herbs.
Add to lentils
Sea salt to taste.
Tuk Tuk Chai Sweet Rice
Ingredients for Chai Rice:
Combine all and bring to a slow boil then reduce heat to low and cook
Ingredients for Sweet Ginger Coconut Cream:
until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- 4 TBSP Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Divide rice into bowls, generously cover with the cream and serve warm with tea.