A delicious dairy free matcha tea latte using creamy coconut milk and high quality matcha tea.
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup organic coconut milk ( or use almond or cashew milk)
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or agave to taste
- Add the matcha tea powder to a small amount of hot water in the matcha tea bowl or into your favorite mug.
- Using the bamboo whisk, whisk briskly in a up-and-down direction, to make a thick, green paste.
- Then pour remaining hot coconut milk and water to the paste and stir. If adding a sweetener, add here.
- The matcha will dissolve quickly and easily. If you're using a milk frother, place on the top of the latte and turn on, allow to froth and foam until your desired texture. Another option is to reserve some of the hot coconut milk and separately froth this in a cup, then gently pour in the match tea mug or cup.
- Enjoy hot or warm or iced !