Looking for amour? Try these delicious recipes for Persian Rose "Love Spell" Cookies, Marry Me Again Pound Cake, and Lovers' Tea. With every bite, and every sip, you'll fall head over heels again and again.
PERSIAN ROSE “LOVE SPELL” COOKIES
Ingredients, Cookies (makes 24):
- 3 tablespoons Persian Rose loose leaf tea, finely ground. (Be sure to crush the cardamom pods, take out the seeds and discard shells before grinding tea)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
- 1 tiny drop of organic natural red food coloring
- rose petals
-Beat together ground tea, sugar, and butter until fluffy and lighter in color.
-Mix in vanilla and salt.
-Fold in the flour gradually and continue to mix until uniform dough is formed.
-Roll dough into a log using wax paper (or plastic 1 1/2"; diameter).
-After chilling, slice into 3/8" thick cookies on bake sheet.
-Bake at 350 for 8 minutes in a convection oven or a little longer in a regular oven. (Until the edges are golden.)
-Mix the icing. It is a simple glaze, just be sure not to make it too thick.
-Ice cooled cookies with brush.
-Top with rose petals while glaze is still wet!
“Marry Me Again” Tea-Infused Pound Cake
- 1/2 pound (225 g) tea infused-butter
- using Marry Me Again (tutorial)
- 1 2/3 cups (235 g) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups (280 g) cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C). Butter and lightly flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Cream the butter, slowly add the sugar, beat until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating each in well. Stir in the flour, salt, and vanilla and combine well. Spoon into the pan and bake for 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack. Serve very thin slices.
LOVERS ICED TEA
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes (including 2 hours chilling time)
- 1/4 cup Lovers Tea
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or 1/2 cup organic agave
- 4 cups cold water
- Garnish with lemon wedge or lemon balm leaf from your garden
-Steep loose tea in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
-Strain the tea and pour into a large pitcher.
-Stir in pomegranate juice or agave and cold water.
-Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
-Serve over ice with lemon wedges, or lemon balm leaf.
Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 1 week.