A fantastic tea-infused recipe from the fabulous Taylor Foster at Heaven on Main Street.
12 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 lb butter
8 ea eggs
10 oz sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla x
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz flour
1 Tbsp saffron
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp Tay Tea Lovers Tea
- Oven at 350
- Crush saffron and mix with 1tsp of sugar
- Boil water and mix saffron and sugar into. Let steep while mixing rest of ingredients.
- Chop chocolate and put in saucepan. put butter on top. melt over medium heat.
- While this is melting put eggs, sugar and vanilla in mixer with whip attachement.
- Whip until 3x in volume, about 10 minutes.
- Fold melted chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Fold saffron infusion into mixture.
- Fold flour and salt into.
- Put in greased and lined pan 1/2 sheet pan (12x17). Sprinkle with Lovers Tea. Bake about 20 minutes.